Safeguarding and Welfare
Everyone in Athletics has a part to play in safeguarding children and adults at risk, Welsh Athletics aims to create an environment where everyone involved in athletics feels safe and secure to enable them to achieve their potential – to run, jump and throw, to coach, officiate or to support those who do.
James Williams, CEO
Who to contact with a Safeguarding Concern:
IF YOUR CONCERN IS URGENT (immediate harm to a child or adult at risk), please contact the police by dialing 999 or 101.
If there are welfare concerns, about a child or adult at risk, not immediate danger contact social services. Use the local authority finder for relevant social services Find your local authority | GOV.WALES
Carl Williams is our Lead Safeguarding Officer, if you have any queries or would like to discuss any issue related to child protection, please contact him via e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on 07792 242153
If you wish to report a safeguarding concern to UKA use the referral platform: https://www.uka.org.uk/submit-a-concern/
Sue Wilson is the designated person/lead child protection officer at UKA and can be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 07785 592860
Policies and Procedures
- UKA Safeguarding Regulations 2023
- UKA Safeguarding Toolkit
- UKA Child Safeguarding Policy 2023
- UKA Child Safeguarding Procedures 2023
- UKA Child Safeguarding Process Map 2023
- UKA Photographic Policy Guidance for Athletics Clubs and Venues
- UKA Overnight trips and International Travel
- UKA Social Media and Digital Communication Guidance for Clubs
- UKA Social Media and Digital Communication with Young People Policy and Standards for Staff and Volunteers
- UKA Guidance on appropriate levels of supervision during athletics and running activities
- Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures
- UKA Coach Licence Terms & Conditions
- UKA Safeguarding T2 FAQs for Coaches, Coaching Assistants & Leaders
- UKA Officials Licence Terms & Conditions
- UKA Code of Conduct
- Codes of Conduct
- UKA Safeguarding Video
Mandatory Training - First Aid Guidance
- Coach & Leader First Aid Guidance 2023
- Mandatory Training PPT UKA Q&A/First Aid Insurance Scenarios
- Club/Group Mandatory Training Considerations
- First Aid Training Coach and Leaders FAQ
- UKA Risk Assessment Template
- Codes of Practice Guidance
- First Aid Kit Guidance
- Safety Infographic
If you have any other queries please contact email@example.com
Time2Listen courses will be available through May and June of this year, please ensure that if you have a new Club welfare officer, or if your Club welfare officer has not completed the course that they book on as this is a required part of affiliation.
11th May 6-9pm £25. Click here to book.
17th May 6-9pm £25. Click here to book.
1st June 6-9pm £25. Click here to book.
Safeguarding 'quick links' list:
Useful pages within this section you may like to consider visiting.