Regional Councils play a key role in the Governance of Welsh Athletics. Every Region has a nominated person for each discipline group who will represent the views of the Region. The Regional Councils are also a place for clubs to discuss and share challenges and opportunities for future development.
The Regions also have two nominated representatives on the General Council – ensuring that clubs, coaches, officials and volunteers views, concerns and successes can be shared with others across Wales.
Every club can attend a Regional Council and they are encouraged to contact their Regional Council to see what support their Region can provide to them.
Every Region supports a competition structure, including Regional and Inter-Regional Championships - events that play a key role in athlete development pathway across all age groups.
Full details on the Regional Councils can be found in the byelaws of Welsh Athletics.
Chair: Mrs Kay Hatton firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Paul Brooks
- 15th March
- May 3rd
- June 14th (A.G.M.)
- September 6th
- November 1st
- Track and field (outdoor): TBC (Indoor) Coleg Cambria, Connahs Quay, Saturday 11th January 2020 t.b.c.
- Fell/Mountain: Elidir Fawr 5.8 m fell race, Nant Peris, Sunday 1st September
- Cross Country: Rhug Estate, Corwen: Saturday 4th January 2020 t.b.c.
- Road running: Half marathon: Village Bakery, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Sunday 18th February
- Marathon: Run Wales, Wrexham town centre, Sunday 17th March
- 10 Miles: Run Wales, Rhyl promenade, Saturday 23rd February
- 5km: Run Wales, Rhyl promenade, Sunday 23rd June
- 10km: Helen Tipping Memorial, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Sunday 28th July
- 5 Miles: Pensarn Promenade, Abergele, Sunday November 3rd
- Trail: Fairy Freckled Cow race, at the Alwen reservoir in Denbighshire, Sunday 7th July
- Conwy Marathon 26th of September 2021
The East Wales Region consists of clubs within the following regions:
Chair: Joyce Tomala - email@example.com
Secretary: Christine Vorres – firstname.lastname@example.org
Welfare Officer: Keiron Hearne - email@example.com
Finance Officer: Keith Matthews
Our Mission Statement:
To foster, encourage and develop athletes in East Wales within a safe, caring and inclusive environment. The Council will support and assist all clubs within the region to develop and grow, whilst ensuring the safe welfare of all their members.
The council will work with clubs and strategic partners to promote friendly competitiveness where all athletes feel encouraged to participate and selection processes will be open and fair.
It is the mission of the Council to do all things necessary or desirable for the promotion of the interests of East Wales Athletes.
The Regional Council meets bi-monthly. Details of the meetings are emailed to all club secretaries and posted on our website and on our social media sites.
Geographical Boundary: Bridgend, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Vale of Glamorgan (Caerphilly)*
Chair: Lee Hayward firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Kyle Perry email@example.com
Our Mission Statement:
To develop and promote athletic and running excellence in our region. To foster a culture of shared practice and inclusivity
South Wales Regional Athletics Council represents Welsh Athletics affiliated clubs based within the region, and works alongside strategic partners (including schools) to promote and develop the sport of athletics and running. The Council will promote friendly competitiveness, with selection to events based on merit and fairness. The Council will work with clubs to develop athletics and running for all abilities, and will assist clubs with ensuring the safe welfare of their members. The Council will act as a conduit for clubs based in the region to share good practice, and to learn lessons from mistakes or errors that from time to time occur. To be the best in all that we endeavour.
Chair: Rob Campion
Secretary: Nathan Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Dates :
- Wednesday 13th March - Carmarthen Leisure Centre
- Trail - Red Kite Half Marathon, 10K and Junior (U20, U17, U15) - Saturday 4th May
- Track & Field – 11th May - Swansea