Trac a Maes
Welsh Athletics Throws Pilot Competition
This is the first of our pilot events as part of our Return to Track & Field Competition plan. The event will take place at Ron Jones Stadium, Aberdare on Saturday 15th August.
The event capacity will be limited to 6 athletes in each competition to ensure that the numbers comply with Welsh Government guidelines on gathering sizes for organised outdoor activities.
Events: Shot Put, Discus, Hammer, Javelin ALL EVENTS HAVE NOW SOLD OUT
Age Groups: U20, Senior
Cost of Entry: £6
Closing date for entries: ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED. Wednesday 5th August – 17.00, or once events reach capacity
Key points to note regarding the competition:
- No spectators are permitted. Each athlete will be allowed to nominate one individual to accompany them to the event, who will need to be pre-declared. No other persons will be permitted into the venue on competition day.
- Athletes are not permitted to enter more than one event at any competition.
- Athletes must ensure that they are up-to-date with both their club and Welsh Athletics registrations for 2020. No athlete will be permitted to enter unless they are fully registered.
- A one-way system will be in operation at the event, which will be communicated to athletes prior to the event. This must be strictly adhered to.
- Athletes will be given designated arrival and departure times dependent on the event they have entered. This times must be strictly adhered to. Athletes will not be permitted to remain in the facility after the conclusion of their competition.
- Due to current hygiene and venue regulations, there will be no catering available at the event.
- There will be no changing facilities available, however toilet access will be provided by the facility.
- Athletes will be required to confirm on entering the event that they are free from COVID-19 symptoms, or symptoms of any other illness. They will also be required to re-declare this on the day of the event. Temperature testing will be in place for all entering the venue.