Regional Volunteer Award
20/08/2021 00:00, In Blog /
We recently launched the Welsh Athletics Regional Volunteer Awards to recognise and value the contribution made by active volunteers in the club and regional activity across the four regions.
In July we had nominations from various clubs across Wales - Maldwyn Harriers, Menai T&F, Prestatyn Running Club, Eryri Harriers, Swansea Harriers, Bridgend AC, Ogmore Phoenix Runners, Heath Massive Run Club, Cornelly Striders AC, Rhondda Valley Runners, Fairwater Runners Cwmbran.
The awards were judged by the appropriate Regional Athletics Councils to determine:
- The recipient has contributed to club and regional activity within the selected timeframe.
- The recipient has shown commitment to own development through qualifications and training relevant to their role e.g. Welfare, Coaching, Officiating, etc., and has used their knowledge and skills to positive effect in club/regional environments.
- The recipient has promoted athletics opportunities in the region e.g. schools, community groups.
All recipients were invited to Welsh Athletics Senior & U15 Championships as VIP guests to be presented with their Regional Volunteer Award.
Regional Volunteer Award recipients 2021
- Neal Hockley (Eryri Harriers)
- Patricia Masterson (Menai T&F)
- Sue Rodgers (Prestatyn Running Club)
- Martyn & Jeanette Jenkins (Fairwater Runners Cwmbran)
- Stuart Davidson (Bridgend AC)
- Jamie Clode (Heath Massive Run Club)
- Chris Pratt (Ogmore Phoenix Runners)
The following were presented at the Senior Championship weekend…
- Liz Davies (Ogmore Phoenix Runners)
- Iwan Dowie (Cornelly Striders AC)
- Dai Dix (Swansea Harriers)
- Owen Chesher (Maldwyn Harriers)
- Dawne Meynell-Western (Rhondda Valley Runners)
- Catherine Collins (Swansea Harriers)
- Martin Bell
Look out for future features of our successful volunteer recipients.
To find out about becoming a volunteer please read here.