Caerphilly Local Lockdown
08/09/2020 00:00, I Mewn Blog / Club Notice Board /
The introduction of local lockdown restrictions to Caerphilly County Borough [‘the borough’] by the Welsh Government, means the following comes into effect from 18:00 on Tuesday 8th September 2020:
- No athletes, coaches, officials or staff residing in the borough to attend athletics activities outside the borough e.g. Competitions, training, face to face education courses
- Affiliated clubs and running groups are advised to continue adhering to the Return to Athletics guidance. Local lockdown measures mean that affiliated clubs and running groups should exclude any members living outside of the borough from attending training sessions inside the borough
- No athletes or coaches residing outside the borough to attend facilities or training sessions in the borough
Moving forward Welsh Athletics will adopt a Traffic light approach to allow us to plan and prepare for similar local lockdowns being introduced in other areas:
- Red = areas in government lockdown – as above, events & travel into area cancelled.
- Amber = areas where the rate of infection is greater than 30/100,000 – on alert; activities not to be cancelled until area enters Red. No new activities to be booked or planned in Amber areas. E.g. RCT would currently be in Amber and so 'on alert' for events to be cancelled.
- Green = athletics activity can continue within the existing Return to Athletics guidance