2023 Selection Policies
10/12/2022 00:00, I Mewn Blog / Road / Cross Country / Track & Field / Fell & Mountain /
We are pleased to announce the Welsh Athletics and Welsh Schools representative opportunities for 2023.
Adrian Palmer, Programme Manger added:
The opportunity to represent Wales is a very special occasion for both athletes and their support teams. We are therefore excited to announce the competition opportunities for 2023. The competition opportunities are linked to our talent development pathway and provide opportunities across all event groups.
These competitive opportunities have been agreed with the event group committees, and we thank them for their work in agreeing these opportunities and the selection policies.
ROAD & CROSS COUNTRY
- 9 February 2023 – Armargh 5k
- 5 March 2023 – Trafford 10k
- 12 March 2023 – Lisbon Half Marathon
- 2 April 2023 – Anglo Celtic Cup – 100k Championships
- 22 April 2023 - TCS Mini-London Marathon
- TBC – Podium 5km Home Countries
- TBC - European Champion Cluc Cross Country Trial
MOUNTAIN AND TRAIL
- 27 May 2023 - Trail de Guerledan icluding the Celtic Challenge
- 27 June 2023 – WMRA International U18 Cup
- 15 July 2023 – International Snowdon Race, including Senior Home Countries
- 10 September 2023 – British & Irish Junior Mountain Running Championships
- October TBC – Trofeo Vanoni Relays
TRACK AND FIELD
- 21 May 2023 – Loughborough International
- 16 August 2023 – Manchester International – Policy TBC
- 26 August 2023 – WA U20 International – Policy TBC
*We are currently working with the Track and Field Committee about the potential of event specific representative opportunities in the Walks, Jumps, Throws and Combined Events*
- 25 March 2023 – SIAB XC
- July 2023 – SIAB Track and Field - Policy TBC
- November 2023 – Scottish Schools Combined Events - Policy TBC
- 12 March 2023 – Chester 10km - Policy TBC
- 21 May 2023 – Chester Half Marathon - Policy TBC
- 25 August 2023 – Mid Chester 5km - Policy TBC
- 8 October 2023 – Chester Marathon - Policy TBC
Welsh Athletics reserves the right to amend Selection Policies at its sole discretion and will make any amended version publicly available.