Weekend Round Up (15/16th Jan)
17/01/2022 00:00, I Mewn Blog / Road / Track & Field /
Houston Marathon - Houston, US
Racing over the marathon distance for her first ever time, Emily Kearny (Wirral) left Houston with a COMMONWEALTH GAMES NOMINATION STANDARD and a personal best of 2:34.28. Running well inside the 2:35.30 required, Emily also moved herself into 7th on the Welsh Marathon All Time list. Congratulations!
Inter District XC - Irvine
Kris Jones (Swansea) took the Senior Men’s title, running for Scotland East, at the Scottish Inter District XC. For Jones, this was a strong return to racing after a long period of time off due to injury.
Loughborough Indoor Open - Loughborough
A large group of Welsh athletes made the trip up to Loughborough to compete in the Indoor Open. Results are as follows:
- Becca Chapman (Gareth Hopkins) 6.21m in the Long Jump win and Seasons Best
- Carys Jones (Kate Rooney) 3.85m Personal Best (5th) in the Pole Vault
- Isabel Thomas (Francis Baker) 3.75m (6th) in the Pole Vault
- Thomas Walley (Geoff Ward) 4.51m (5th) in the Pole Vault
- Mark Mellor (Loughborough) 4.51m Personal best (6th) in the Pole Vault
Across the Pond...
TCNJ Lions Indoor Invitational - New York
Steffan Dylan Jones (Swansea) doubled up over 200m and 400m, piling up two 3rd place finishes, running 23.08 and 50.65 respectively. Sarah Omoragie (Cardiff) was also in action across the pond, throwing 14.72m to win the shot.
ETSU Invitational - Johnson City TN
Bryn Woodall (Colwyn Bay) raced had a successful weekend, running PBs in both the mile and 3000m. Placing 6th in the mile, Woodall ran 4:20.35 and calming second in the 3000m, he clocked 8:36.16.