Celebrating Female Coaching
05/03/2021 00:00, I Mewn Blog /
In conjunction with this year’s International Women’s Day, Welsh Athletics is excited to announce the launch of the #Unite Female Coaching Initiative. This positive action movement is aimed at;
- Celebrating the achievements of our female coach and leader community.
- Encouraging and supporting more female coaches to not only get involved in coaching but to progress on their coaching journeys in Athletics.
- Creating a platform to access a positive and inclusive support network.
To help champion the coaching opportunities in our Sport we are working with 15 female coach Ambassadors across Wales;
- Lisa Waddon (CMSA)
- Lucy Griffiths (Pembrokeshire Harriers/Cardiff AAC)
- Gwennan Lewis (Swansea Harriers/Cardiff Met AC)
- Anna Paterson (Rhymney Valley AC)
- Carol Jones (Carmarthenshire Harriers)
- Sarah Kearney (Wirral AC)
- Tania Williams (Deeside AC)
- Lynne Brier (Swansea Harriers)
- Megan Hunter (Wrexham AC)
- Emma Loyns (Ogmore Phoenix Runners)
- Amy Crocombe (Deeside AC)
- Wendy Slade (Swansea Harriers)
- Lorraine Graham- Mulvaney (Cardiff AAC)
- Judith Gooding (Swansea Harriers)
- Alyson Hourihan (Cardiff AAC)
For the next 12 months, these Ambassadors will be sharing their stories, and insight, online and across a series of virtual networking opportunities. These will be accessible to all female leaders and coaches. With a sprinkling of guest speakers, we hope that this will be the platform to share ideas, ask questions and create a support network for more coaches in our sport in 2021 and beyond.
Each Ambassador has been matched with a female coach mentor to support their coach development journey alongside their Ambassadorship and Welsh Athletics is very pleased to announce that those mentors are; Kelly Sotherton, Laura Kerr, Helen Clitheroe, Amy Foster, and Laura Turner-Alleyne.
There is also an exciting opportunity to receive funded support to become an Athletics Coach or Coach in Running Fitness. This is a limited offer and if you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please complete the application form and email it to Zoe Brown before 4 pm on April 1st, 2021.
To join the #Unite Network Facebook Group please click here, and to find out more about our Ambassadors why not go to the Female Coaching Initiative webpage.
For more information on the campaign email firstname.lastname@example.org