Recruiting Female Coach Ambassadors
08/02/2021 00:00, In Blog /
Over the course of 2021/2022, and beyond, we will be raising awareness around the different groups within our community, championing the diverse potential of our sport, and encouraging greater inclusivity in our Athletics environments.
To help grow the number of female coaches in our Sport in Wales, on 8th March International Women’s Day Welsh Athletics will be launching a positive action movement to encourage more female coaches to not only get involved in coaching but to progress on their coaching journeys in Athletics.
To help champion the coaching opportunities in our Sport we would like to encourage 16 female coaches to become Ambassadors for the campaign, sharing their stories and insight with new and developing female coaches across Wales. Whether you are a Throws, Jumps, Speed, Combined Events, or Endurance coach, on or off the track, we want to celebrate what you do for the Sport and encourage others to get involved.
Ambassador commitment during a one-year term;
- Tell your story and champion your role in the sport
- Be part of a virtual panel of speakers when appropriate
- Signpost coach development opportunities and support regionally
- Coach Profile on Welsh Athletics website
- Branded Jacket
- Bespoke 12 months mentoring opportunity with an established female performance coach to help develop your coaching knowledge and skills to become the coach you want to be
- Funding to access Event Group level qualification.
- Support from Welsh Athletics National Talent Development Coordinator and Coach Development Coordinator
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please complete the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th Feb 2021.