Parents in Sport week
06/10/2020 00:00, In Blog /
Parents in Sport week is an annual campaign to raise awareness of the importance of parents' involvement in youth sport.
At Welsh Athletics we aim to create safe, positive environments for all children to engage in athletics.
From the 5 - 11 October 2020 this year’s theme is ‘Let’s talk about keeping children safe in sport’.
During the week the Child Protection in Sport Unit will be sharing guidance on the types of things sports clubs should have in place to keep children safe, how parents can get help with any concerns and how parents' positive behaviour contributes to better experiences of sport for children.
The Welsh Athletics 'Sporting Parents and Families' Webinar covers the vital role parents play in supporting a child in a sport which contributes to their enjoyment and success. Sport Wales Lifestyle Performance Advisor Zoe Eaton also explores the challenges parents, and athletes, face when navigating a sports pathway.
Sports Parents and Families webinar
Parent Club Relationships How to Work Together to Create a Positive Athlete Environment
How you can help
Whether you're a great sports parent, or a club or coach, you can help us reach out to more parents. Here's a few ways in which you can support the campaign:
- look for #ParentsinSportWeek2020 on social media and share our posts and resources
- if you're a parent, make the Sports Parents Promise, share your commitment on social media and encourage more parents to do the same
- talk to your child's club about their safeguarding policy and procedures and share your knowledge with other parents at the club
- share your positive sports parenting stories on social media and tag us @TheCPSU
- share our information for parents in your club newsletter, and on your blog or website
- use Parents in Sport Week as an opportunity to highlight your club's safeguarding policies to parents in an email or newsletter
Read full article here: https://thecpsu.org.uk/upcoming-events/2020-10-05-parents-in-sport-week/