2023 Loughborough Throws
02/05/2023 00:00, In Blog / Track & Field /
Welsh Athletics are looking for expressions of interest for a throws specific event on the 27 May in Loughborough University where there will be teams from all home nations.
The event is focused on an opportunity to meet the selection criteria for the U18 Youth Commonwealth Games in August. View the selection policy here.
There is opportunity for event spaces in the following age groups with consideration of the selection standards.
- U18 Age group – As per individual athlete plan and percentage from CYG Selection Policy and IAP plan.
- U20 and Seniors - please see the distance standards below for entry into the event as prescribed by the event organisers. (Please note all athletes enrolled onto the National Development Program are invited to the event)
|Hammer 60.00m||Hammer 52.50m|
|Shot Put 15.00m||Shot Put 13.00m|
|Discus 50.00m||Discus 45.00m|
|Javelin 60.00m||Javelin 45.00m|
Para athletics Ambulant throws Please contact Neil Taylor – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note –
- This is not a Welsh Athletics representative match. It is an opportunity for high level competition.
- Travel to and from the competition will be at the athletes own means.
- Please note all entries are done through the NGB as it is a closed event.
Please express interest to be entered into the throws specific event in Loughborough within the above guidelines to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday the 12 May.