The next 12 months will see the development of a new strategy for the sport across Wales. To ensure that this strategy is aligned to the challenges and opportunities that our members face, and as part of the development process, we are keen to capture the views of as many people in Wales who are involved in the delivery of the sport.
To engage with and hear the views of as many people as possible a series of open forums have been arranged. Each of the forums will have a key theme and these will be held across Wales in the first few weeks of 2018. We are pleased to announce the initial forum dates below;
Theme: Club & Volunteers – Support & Development
- Thursday 11th January – Swansea University Athletics Track (Pavilion)
- Thursday 18th January – St Michaels Centre, Abergavenny
- Wednesday 24th January – Colwyn Bay Leisure Centre
- Tuesday 30th January – Bridgend Life Centre
Theme: Athlete & Coach - Support & Development
- Tuesday 16th January – Sport Wales National Centre, Cardiff
- Thursday 25th January – Glyndwr University (Room B33)
- Thursday 1st February – The Ivy Bush Royal Hotel, Carmarthen
- Tuesday 6th February – Newport Velodrome (International Suite)
Theme: Competitions and Officials - Support and Development
- Tuesday 13th February - Holiday Inn (Swansea East)
- Thursday 15th February - Cwmbran Stadium
- Tuesday 20th February - Coleg Cambria, Deeside
- Thursday 22nd February - Coleg Y Cymoedd, Aberdare
Note: Each session is scheduled for 6.00pm arrival with a prompt start at 6.30pm.
In addition, an online survey will be released shortly which will allow those unable to attend any of the above the dates the opportunity to provide their views. A series of young athlete forums will also be announced in the New Year to ensure that there is consultation and engagement across all areas of the sport.
The ultimate aim is to create a strategy for the sport, a strategy that will create a stronger and more engaging sport that provides opportunities for everyone to participate and develop. This can only be achieved if the views of those who are delivering and supporting the sport on a day to day basis provide their views. THIS IS OUR SPORT.
To book a place at any of the open fourm events detailed above please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR SPORT – BE PART OF IT!