Track & Field
North Wales Indoor Regional Championships 2023
Date : Sunday 15th January 2023
Location : Deeside
EVENT CONTACT: Barry.Edwards@welshathletics.org
CLOSING DATE : 30th December 23:59
U11’s – RJT Event Challenge (60m, Long Jump, Shot Put,) - £10 which covers all 3 events & athletes must compete in all 3 events.
U13B & U13G = 60m, 60mH, High Jump, Long Jump, Shot Put
U15B & U15G = 60m, 60m Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump, Shot Put.
U17 to Senior = 60m, 60m Hurdles, High Jump, Pole Vault, Triple Jump, Shot Put.
Masters included into Senior events
Entry Fee £5 per event
Max events for all age groups is 3 events [to help with timetable]
- Masters may enter the senior age category and will be awarded medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the 35-39 age group and then 10 year age groups from M40.
- Athletes may bring their own equipment for field events (throws). Such implements must be weighed by a qualified official, to confirm that they conform to the appropriate age-specific regulation
- Qualification – only affiliated athletes eligible:
1. Birth: born within the area covered by N.W.R.A.C.
2. Residence: Continuous current residence within the area covered by N.W.R.A.C. for at least 9 months.
3. Retention: An athlete may retain his/her existing qualification to represent N. Wales and compete in the N. Wales Regional Championship, provided that he/she has not represented another Region or County, nor competed in a different Regional or County Championship in the same year of competition.
4.Where an athlete competes for a club not based in Wales but does qualify on one of the above three criteria, they
FINAL TIMETABLE will be sent to all paid entries' the w/c 9th January
On the same day we will be hosting a North Wales T&F Officiating Taster / Development Day
This day is open to parents, volunteers, students and anyone interested in learning more about officiating.
This is a perfect opportunity for those new to officiating as the day will involve practical officiating experience. During the morning there will be a choice of discipline taster sessions Field, Timekeeping & Results.
Start time: TBC (once timetable finalised)
What to expect
|1 - 2 hrs split into small groups to learn about different disciplines|
|Optional in the afternoon to stay and assist with competition – shadowing expereinced officials put the morning learning into practise including breaks (refreshments will be avaliable)|
For more information please contact Zoe Holloway