- Have you been inspired by someone in our sport?
- Has an athlete’s performance inspired you?
- Has your coach provided you with a great experience?
- Are you proud of what your club has achieved?
The Welsh Athletics Awards programme will see Clubs, Groups, Athletes, as well as many Volunteers from across the country recognised for their contributions in supporting the development of athletics in Wales.
Nominations are now open and we welcome nominations from across the sport for all categories.
Please note: The closing date for nominations is Wednesday 15th August 2018. All nominations received will then be considered by a panel and then be presented at the Welsh Athletics Awards Ceremony, part of the Welsh Athletics Hall of Fame evening, on Saturday 29th September at the Hilton Hotel, Cardiff
National Award Categories
Track and Field Club of the Year
- Off Track Club of the Year
- Junior Club of the Year
- Development Club of the Year
- Inclusivity Club of the Year
Eligibility: All clubs must be fully affiliated to Welsh Athletics.
- Volunteer of the Year
- Services to Club Development
Eligibility: All volunteers who contribute positively to athletics in Wales.
- Newcomer to Officiating
- Off Track Official of the Year
- Track and Field Official of the Year
Eligibility: All fully licensed Welsh officials operating at any level.
Run Wales Category
- Run Wales Group of the Year
- Run Wales Group Leader of the Year
Eligibility: Groups that are registered via the Run Wales website. Group leaders must be suitably qualified and hold a UKA Leadership in Running Fitness Licence (minimum).
- Athlete of the Year (Track and Field)
- Athlete of the Year (Off Track Endurance)
- Junior Athlete of the Year (Track and Field)
- Junior Athlete of the Year (Off Track Endurance)
Eligibility: All Welsh athletes registered to compete for Wales regardless of club or place of residence.
- Performance Coach of the Year - Track & Field
- Performance Coach of the Year – Off Track Endurance
- Participation / Development Coach of the Year - Track & Field
- Participation / Development Coach of the Year – Off Track Endurance
Eligibility: Coaches of any Welsh athlete as examples of successful coach / athlete partnerships. Fully licensed Welsh coaches operating at any level. Nominations for the participation / development coach should clearly demonstrate why a coach should be recognised.