Welsh Athletics welcomes applications for affiliation from new clubs and groups who wish to make a positive contribution towards the sport.
As the National Governing Body, we have a responsibility to ensure that all of our affiliated clubs are able to act in the best interests of the sport and contribute towards our Athletics Networks – Club Development Plan. By supporting clubs to develop; we will be able to raise the standard of athletics in Wales.
There are many benefits for clubs who affiliate to Welsh Athletics:
- Insurance provision for your registered athletes, coaches and officials to protect your members during club activities.
- Access to grants and funding schemes designed to support club activities.
- Support from our local Club Network Officers and other Welsh Athletics staff.
- Advice and support with club welfare issues.
- Opportunities for club coaches, officials and volunteers to develop through a comprehensive range of education and training opportunities.
A full list of benefits is detailed on the 'Benefits of Affiliation' page.
The procedure for considering new club applications is designed to ensure that new applicants will enhance the provision of athletics in Wales. It will also help new clubs to consider some important questions about the type and quality of activities that they wish to provide. If you are considering starting a new club, in the first instance, please contact Chris Moss, the Welsh Athletics Development Manager to discuss the process.