Governance is the systems and processes concerned with ensuring the overall direction, effectiveness, supervision and accountability of our organisation.
The Board of Directors is Welsh Athletics’ key decision-making body. In addition to making decisions, the Board also provides leadership, takes account of the stakeholders’ interests and is accountable both for its own decisions and the actions of Welsh Athletics as a whole.
The Board of Directors
- Carol Anthony (Chair) - term extended
- Ron Odunaiya
- Sue Alvey (Chair of General Council)
- Dr Nicky Lewis (Chair of Governance Sub-Group)
- Christian Malcolm
- Bernie Plain
- David Roberts
Our Board Sub-Groups
The Welsh Athletics governance structure delegates authority to a number of key sub groups of the Board to ensure that proper consultation takes place and that progress is made in two vital areas of the organisation. Each of the sub-groups has made significant progress in the areas of Governance and Finance & Audit.
- Dr Nicky Lewis (Chair)
- Steve Perks (Independent)
- Anthony Clements (Independent)
- Rebecca Rothwell (Independent)
- David Roberts (Co-opted Legal)
- James Williams (Head of Operations)
- Andrew Thomas (Office Manager, Secretary to Group)
Terms of Reference
- Carol Anthony (Chair of the Board)
- Matt Newman (Chief Executive)
- - to be confirmed - (Independent)
- - to be confirmed - (Strategic Lead)
- James Williams - (Head of Operations)
- Lynn Goward (Finance Manager, Secretary to Group)
Oversees the recruitment and appointments process for all new Directors of the Company.
Membership of the panel varies by the role to be appointed and is fully described in the panel's 'terms of reference' document (above)
President & Vice President of Welsh Athletics
President of Welsh Athletics – Lynette Harries
Vice President of Welsh Athletics – Graham Finlayson & Ian Griffiths